IMA - International Management Assistants (hereinafter "IMA") is a global network of management support professionals. Its mission and vision is to be the leading international network of management support professionals by among others providing high quality development training, by promoting knowledge sharing, by encouraging interaction among the members - you can find the full vision and mission statement on IMA's website, www.ima-network.org under "About IMA". This policy applies to all present and future members of IMA and all present and future attendees of conferences, training days and other events organised by IMA. In this Policy we describe how we collect, store and use your data. This processing shall be subject to EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, the so-called GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
1. Which information does IMA collect?
MA may collect the following categories of personal data, as part of its activities:
- your identification data (such as name, private and/or professional address, private and/or professional fixed and mobile telephone numbers and email)
- your personal characteristics (such as birthdate, gender)
- your education and experience
- your profession and function
- your picture
IMA may also process so-called sensitive personal data about yourself for different events. This covers dietary requirements which may reveal health or religious data. Such processing shall be made in compliance with applicable data protection law and include the information you voluntary provide when completing our membership application forms and/or registration forms or otherwise as well as any information we receive from third parties.
2. What does IMA do with this information?
2.1 Present and future members
IMA only handles personal data relating to its present and future members for specific purposes based on your consent, and in particular for:
- membership application and administration;
- including in the members' database, available on IMA's website, for membership administration purposes and for visibility to other members for networking purposes (here only limited to the data needed for networking, provided by the persons themselves);
- direct mailing/marketing purposes (including Newsletters, Notifications, information on our activities, information on the working of the Association).
2.2 Conferences, Training Days and other events
IMA only handles personal data relating to present and future attendees of events, conferences and training days for specific purposed based on the membership agreement and on the data provided by yourself, and in particular for: • the organisation of these events, conferences and training days • attendees' administration • networking • administration of mobile applications • direct marketing purposes (including emailing of information about our activities) from IMA itself and - to a very restricted and contractually agreed extend - also IMA's partners and sponsors through the IMA channels (IMA will never release your personal data to any third party for direct marketing purposes, including our partners and sponsors).
3. IMA's undertaking when handling your personal data
- only collects and processes personal data which is relevant as required for the above mentioned purposes;
- ensures your personal data is not kept for longer than necessary: unless otherwise legally required, your personal data will be stored for a period not exceeding 2 years from the end of your membership or your latest participation to one of our events;
- aims at having your personal data up to date and accurate - for this purpose members have the possibility and responsibility to adjust their personal data in the database whenever needed and ensure their personal data is kept up to date;
- may process any sensitive data about yourself for different events; this covers dietary requirements which may reveal health or religious data.;
- does not sell nor share your data to third parties.
4. Access and transfer of personal data
IMA may disclose your personal data only to the following specific categories of recipients:
- our members and participants of our events for networking purposes
- our IT and Central Secretariat service providers
- event organisers and vendors contributing to the event.
5. Your rights in respect of your personal data
You may exercise the following rights with respect to your personal data under the conditions and within the limits set forth in the applicable data protection law:
- correct your data in the database if needed, or ask the responsible officer in function within your national group to do so;
- to request its erasure from the database after membership termination or from the participants list of an IMA event; data will be deleted within 2 years after membership termination and after the date of the event;
- to request its portability, i.e. by obtaining that the personal data you have provided to IMA be returned to you or transferred to someone else of your choice, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
6. Contact details
You can exercise the above rights by sending an email to IMA at email@example.com with a scan of your identity card for identification purpose.
If you are not satisfied with the way we process your personal data, please let us know and we will investigate your concern using the above communications means.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to the competent data protection authority in France, where IMA is registered, CNIL www.cnil.fr, or in your own country if within the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Changes or additions to the processing of your personal data as described in this policy, such as other purposes for processing your personal data or new recipients of such data, may be notified to you through amendments to this policy or through individual notice.